Leftover Ham-n-Potato Casserole. Easter and Christmas leftover ham is baked in a cheesy casserole with potatoes and a simple cream sauce. Your family is sure to love this leftover makeover. Directions Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
Easter and Christmas leftover ham is baked in a cheesy casserole with potatoes and a simple cream sauce. This Ham and Potato Casserole has layers of ham, potatoes and cheese with an au gratin crust on top. Baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet, it's a hearty and satisfying meal the whole family will love!
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, leftover ham-n-potato casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Leftover Ham-n-Potato Casserole is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Leftover Ham-n-Potato Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Easter and Christmas leftover ham is baked in a cheesy casserole with potatoes and a simple cream sauce. Your family is sure to love this leftover makeover. Directions Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook leftover ham-n-potato casserole using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Composition of Leftover Ham-n-Potato Casserole:
- Require 6 small for potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 tbsp – butter.
- Require 2 cup cubed ham, fully cooked.
- Provide 1 small for onion, finely chopped.
- Give 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp for all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup for milk.
- Need 1 – salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Provide 1 packages of (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese.
- Require 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
This casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods, and it's a great way to use up leftover ham after. Leftover chicken and potatoes team up to make this tasty casserole. The combination comes together with a basic white sauce and vegetable mixture. This casserole is easy to prepare with leftover chicken and potatoes.
Leftover Ham-n-Potato Casserole making:
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with salted water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer til tender, about 20 minutes. Drain..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish..
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in ham and onion; cook and stir til onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Stir potatoes into ham mix; transfer to prepared baking dish..
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter til smooth..
- Gradually whisk milk into flour mix; season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking and stirring til thickened; about 2 minutes..
- Reduce heat to med-low and stir cheddar cheese into white sauce til melted..
- Pour sauce over ham and potatoes..
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs atop casserole..
- Bake in preheated oven til sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 – 30 minutes..
It makes a nice everyday meal using the leftovers from a Sunday chicken. Drizzle the ham and vegetables with the oil. This is a wonderful Roasted Potato and Ham Casserole, we would just love this combination. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full. A creamy ham and potato casserole is a smart, tasty way to use up leftovers.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food leftover ham-n-potato casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!