Quick dinner with Bhindi (okra)and kadhi. The Traditional Punjabi Bhindi Kadhi Recipe, is a yogurt based tangy and spicy curry that is a staple dish in North India. In this recipe of Kadhi, the Bhindi, also known as the Okra is roasted in a wok until soft and yet lightly crisp. It is then added to the well simmered Kadhi that has a delicate cinnamon and chilli seasoning on it.
It's a comfort dish that people make it. Bhindi kadhi recipe – One of my childhood favorite dishes that my mom makes it very often. First okra is sauteed till they are cooked and then simmered in spicy, sour and thick yogurt gravy.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, quick dinner with bhindi (okra)and kadhi. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Quick dinner with Bhindi (okra)and kadhi is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Quick dinner with Bhindi (okra)and kadhi is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
The Traditional Punjabi Bhindi Kadhi Recipe, is a yogurt based tangy and spicy curry that is a staple dish in North India. In this recipe of Kadhi, the Bhindi, also known as the Okra is roasted in a wok until soft and yet lightly crisp. It is then added to the well simmered Kadhi that has a delicate cinnamon and chilli seasoning on it.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook quick dinner with bhindi (okra)and kadhi using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients requirements – Quick dinner with Bhindi (okra)and kadhi:
- Give – For kadhi.
- Provide 1 cup for sour curd.
- Provide 3 tbsp besan.
- Prepare 1 tsp for Ginger garlic paste.
- Give 1 – green chilli chopped.
- Require 1 – onion finely chopped.
- Give 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
- Give 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
- Give 1/4 tsp – fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp for onion seeds (kalongi).
- Give 1/4 tsp – hing powder (asafoetida).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp for turmeric powder.
- You need 1-2 for dry red chilli.
- You need to taste Salt.
- Require As needed for Curry leaves.
- Give 2 tbsp for Oil.
- Give – For bhindi.
- Need 500 gram of bhindi(lady finger-wash+dry+cut into pieces).
- You need 2 – onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp chopped garlic.
- Require 1 tsp of chopped green chilli.
- Provide 1/2 tsp – cumin seeds.
- Give 1/2 tsp salt(to taste).
- Provide 1/2 tsp – amchur powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dhania powder.
- Give 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp – lemon juice.
- Provide 1 for dry ted chilli.
- Require 3 tbsp – Oil.
- Give Handful of coriander leaves.
We call it Bhinda ni kadhi in Gujarati language. Make sure to stir in between. Remove heads of the okra and make a small slit along one side of each bhindi. Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
Quick dinner with Bhindi (okra)and kadhi how to cook:
- Take a bowl add curd and besan mix it very well. Add salt,Ginger garlic paste turmeric powder salt and 2 glass water..
- Heat oil in a kadhai add mustard seeds fenugreek onion seeds cumin and hing soute it..
- Now add onion, green chilli,curry leaves and dry red chilli mix it well till onions become brown.Add curd-besan mixture in it. Stir it continuesly.give boil.cover it with lid cook for 5 minutes.this is a digestive kadhi without pakora..
- Bhindi ——-heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds,garlic, onion,green chillis and dry red chilli soute it till onions become translucent..
- Add bhindi,mix gently.cook on low medium flame till bhindi (okra)becomes soft Do not cover with lid.Add amchur powder,salt,turmeric powder,Dhania powder.mix it well..
- Turnoff the flame add lemon juice and coriander leaves.Serve with chapatis..
With a spoon fill in the prepared mixture into the okra. Shallow or deep fry the filled okra until fully cooked and tender. For the Kadhi Hi Friends , Its " Gujarati Bhinda Ni Kadhi " for you all today. People from other regions can relate to it as "Bhindi Kadhi / cousin of Bendekayi Majjigehuli / Yoghurt Stew With Okra".. Though we all like variety of food.love eating in restaurants…end of the day if you ask anyone,nothing can beat simple home cooked food.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food quick dinner with bhindi (okra)and kadhi recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!