Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!. How to make authentic Louisiana Gumbo. Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe – Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Special. Gumbo is a great way to use leftover turkey.
Vegan Gumbo with Andouille and Roasted Cauliflower by (Just About) Vegan. Skip the boring next-day sandwiches and make chef David Slater's hearty turkey gumbo instead. How to carve a turkey like a pro on Thanksgiving.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, leftover thanksgiving gumbo!. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is something that I have loved my whole life.
How to make authentic Louisiana Gumbo. Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe – Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Special. Gumbo is a great way to use leftover turkey.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook leftover thanksgiving gumbo! using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Composition – Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Give – Leftover Turkey.
- Need Leftover Ham.
- You need Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Give of Leftover Turkey gravy.
- Prepare 2 of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- Require 3 – celery.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- Give 6 of large cloves garlic.
- Provide 4 – knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Need 1 tbsp garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp for onion powder.
- Require 1 tbsp – cajun seasoning.
- Prepare to taste – Salt and pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp for butter.
- Need – For roux.
- Provide 2 1/2 cups flour.
- You need 2 cups – vegetable or corn oil.
Must give credit where due.this is my modification to one of Emeril's recipes – his was to boil a turkey specifically for gumbo – mine is to use up those leftovers! Flaky dumplings soak in the juices of a thick and chunky turkey-vegetable stew of Thanksgiving leftovers to make this comforting casserole. Give New Orleans gumbo an unconventional post-Thanksgiving update in adding turkey (and traditional Andouille sausage), gravy, mashed potatoes (for serving), The Holy Trinity (onion. Thanksgiving is the feast that keeps on giving.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! making process:
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
Here are some great ways to use your leftovers for some great meals and sides. After Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, using leftover turkey to make gumbo is a Louisiana holiday Zatarain's Gumbo Mix with Rice makes it easy to introduce this beloved tradition to your home. Turkey Time: Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers. You packed up the pumpkin pie and gave it to Aunt Marie and sliced up the sweet potatoes and shipped it off with you cousin Glen, but now you're. For some of us, leftovers are the whole point of Thanksgiving.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food leftover thanksgiving gumbo! recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!