Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mom's 70's brunswick chicken stew. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mom's 70's brunswick chicken stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Ingredients requirements for Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew:
- Require – Ingredients.
- Need 3 lb – broiler-fryer chicken.
- Provide 1 tbsp of salt.
- Require 2 quart water.
- Provide 1/4 lb for ham, cubed.
- Prepare 2 – onions, chopped.
- Require 1 for green bell pepper, chopped.
- Give 2 tbsp for fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can (16-ounce) tomatoes, drained and chopped.
- You need 1 can for (16-ounce) corn, drained.
- You need 1 packages (10-ounce) frozen baby lima beans.
- Need 1 packages (10-ounce) frozen okra.
- Require 1 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp for ground black pepper.
- Require 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Require 1 – bay leaf.
- Provide 2 tsp of hot sauce.
Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew making process:
- Combine the chicken, tablespoon of salt, and water in a Dutch oven or soup pot and bring to a boil..
- Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken covered for 1 hour..
- Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Save the chicken broth and skim off any excess fat..
- Remove the skin and debone the chicken. Cube the chicken..
- Add the chicken back into the pot with the broth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients..
- Simmer for 2 hours covered..
- Remove the b-day leaf and serve hot with crusty bread..
- TIP: The okra is what thickens this stew. If you are like me and don't care for a lot of okra, you can stir in a tablespooon of cornstarch mixed with water. Raise the heat to let the slurry thicken and the serve..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mom's 70's brunswick chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!