Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!.
How are you currently as of this best moment ?, I desire you’re effectively and generally cheerful. through this web site I am going to introduce the recipe for cooking Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! that is currently extremely popular with various groups, having a easy and fast method of making relatively, this Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! food is in great demand by lots of people, and tastes good also, makes all of your family and perhaps good friends You like it.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! cuisine is really a dish that’s classified as an easy task to make. through the use of products that exist around you conveniently, it could be created by you in simple actions. You may make it for family or friends events, and it could be shown at many established situations actually. I am certain you will see lots of people who just like the Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! dishes that you just make.
Alright, don’t linger, let’s practice this leftover thanksgiving gumbo! menu with 18 elements which are undoubtedly easy to obtain, and we have to process them at the very least through 9 ways. You should expend a while on this, so the resulting food could be perfect.
Ingredients – Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- You need Leftover Turkey.
- Require – Leftover Ham.
- Require of Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Prepare – Leftover Turkey gravy.
- Require 2 for mashed sweet potatoes.
- Provide 1 – onion.
- Prepare 3 celery.
- Need 1 for jalapeno.
- Provide 6 large cloves garlic.
- Prepare 4 knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – garlic powder.
- Need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp cajun seasoning.
- Give to taste for Salt and pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need for For roux.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups – vegetable or corn oil.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! instructions:
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
Alright, above offers described briefly about causeing this to be leftover thanksgiving gumbo! recipe. at the very least it could be an illustration for you yourself to broaden your information inside the culinary world. if you want to save our webpage address in the browser, in order that at any best period there’s a different menus of dishes, you may get the data. and in addition share the hyperlink with this website together with your friends and colleagues, thank you. 🙂