Split Pea and Ham Soup.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, split pea and ham soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea and Ham Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Split Pea and Ham Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have split pea and ham soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients requirements of Split Pea and Ham Soup:
- Provide 1 1/2 lb dried split peas divided.
- You need 10 1/2 cup – water divided.
- Prepare 3 for chicken bouillon cubes for 6 cups of water.
- Need 2 lb for ham on bone.
- Give 4 clove – garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Require 2 of celery stalks including leaves, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of red potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 Bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 pinch for white pepper.
- Provide 1 pinch of Cheyenne pepper.
- Need for fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of chopped cooked bacon *optional.
Split Pea and Ham Soup instructions:
- Sort then rinse peas. In a large pot, combine 1lb peas, 8 cups of hot water, chicken bouillon and ham, then bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 min stirring occasionally..
- While that's cooking chop all vegetables. After first half hour add the vegetables and seasonings for 30 more minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. In second pot add 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 lb of peas on medium heat for 30 min..
- Once desired tenderness is reached remove the ham and trim the meat off the bone and discard along with excess fat. Chop meat and add back to soup along with extra peas and water. Mix well and serve..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food split pea and ham soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!