Healthier Southwest Potato Skins. Spicy potato, beans and spinach stuffed into potato skins and covered with mexican cheese. This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company! I love their healthy, sustainable approach to potatoes.
There's a reason why potato skins have been a go-to party snack for decades: They're simple to make, and once you add toppings, become a Oh and did we mention healthy? Packed with roasted turkey breast and a southwest vegetable blend, these 'tato skins are bursting with bold flavor. These Southwest-stuffed sweet potato skins prove that you don't need meat to make a great game day recipe.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, healthier southwest potato skins. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy potato, beans and spinach stuffed into potato skins and covered with mexican cheese. This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company! I love their healthy, sustainable approach to potatoes.
Healthier Southwest Potato Skins is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Healthier Southwest Potato Skins is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook healthier southwest potato skins using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Ingredients Healthier Southwest Potato Skins:
- You need 4 Russet potatoes.
- Give 6 slice for bacon. ( cooked and crumbled ).
- Give 1 can of black beans (drained).
- Give 1/2 bag of frozen corn or can of corn.
- Require 1/4 cup – onion, chopped.
- Need 4 tbsp – butter.
- Require 2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese or whatever you prefer. I've used mozzarella as well..
- Need 1 salt.
Once the potatoes are cooked and cooled, cut them in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the flesh out of the sweet potato skin, leaving a thin layer of potato (this helps the skin stay sturdy. Southwest stuffed potato skins is what's for dinner! These Southwest stuffed potato skins are whole food plant based, no oil and gluten free!
Healthier Southwest Potato Skins step by step:
- Place potatoes in microwave for approx 15 minutes .turning a couple times . ( you can also bake potatoes in oven but it takes longer ).
- While potatoes are cooking , fry bacon in skillet til done and set aside on paper towel. When ready crumble into small pieces..
- When potatoes are done, let cool then cut each potato in half..
- Scoop out majority of flesh of each potato halves…place flesh in bowl and use for later if you wish..
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each potato boat and sprinkle with salt..
- Scoop a small spoonful of black beans into each potato boat.
- Place a 1/2 teaspoon of corn and a sprinkle of chopped onion ..
- Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese (as much or as little as you like) on top of potatos and salt again.
- Place under broiler for approx 5 minutes . Keep an eye on them so they dont burn. Broiling goes fast !.
- Serve with Sour Cream or Ranch Dressing .No oil used ..No Frying ..absolutely delicious. I NEVER have any left over.
Includes sweet potatoes, onion, pepper, cilantro, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, colby jack cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salt, olive oil. Join our healthy recipes mailing list! Scrub potatoes and prick each several times with a fork. Fill each potato skin with this mixture and sprinkle each with cheese. Poke holes all around each potato with a fork.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food healthier southwest potato skins recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!