Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables – comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie – Homemade Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch!
Perfect for Sunday dinner on a cold winter weekend! Homemade chicken pot pie might just be one of the most comforting dishes of all time. This version is made from scratch, giving it an extra special character that only comes with homemade crust and stew.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables – comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie – Homemade Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch!
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have nickie's homemade chicken pot pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients for Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie:
- Require 1 small – sour cream.
- Require 3 each for cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 cup chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 packages frozen peas or you can use fresh, your choice.
- Provide 1 packages – fresh baby carrots chopped up.
- Require 2 each i use canned diced potatoes, but if you are feeling it, by all means, cut up some potatoes yourself.
- Require 1 of * don't forget to drop all your cut up potatoes into cold water to avoid browning.
- Need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Need 1 bottle of italian dressing.
- Need – salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 stick – parkay butter.
- You need 3/4 cup pet milk.
- Require 1 *or you can use milk.
- Prepare 2 packages for pilsbury ready made pie crusts (in a box near canned biscuits in the store)(it takes 2 boxes with 2 crust in each box).
- Need 1 pam nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 1 – *you will need at least a 13×9 dish to cook this in, it feeds alot of people.
While it might require a little extra time and effort, we promise this chicken pot pie will be worth it! Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. Do you have to make your own pie crust? Store-bought refrigerated dough will work just fine.
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie process:
- Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day..
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Cook chicken with the Italian dressing poured all over it until done.
- while chicken cooks, add 1/2 bag of peas, carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, two big spoonfuls of sour cream all in a large pot.
- Also add milk, butter, salt and pepper at this time..
- Heat this all up to a boil, stirring frequently, boil long enough to heat it all up and then turn it down and keep it warm..
- Next after you cook your chicken, cut it all up to your desired size. I like nice, at least in inch size peices.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven, go by the directions on the box and spray your dish well with pam, line your.dish with 2 of the crusts, use a fork and make some holes in the dough to avoid big air bubbles (and let crust hang over the edges of your dish).
- Add the chicken to your mixture and stir it all up good. Let it simmer while your crusts cook.
- Next pour mixture into your dish over the cooked crust.
- Open the other box of 2 pie crust, and lay it across the top of the entire dish. Again, allow your crusts to overlay the edges of the dish all the way around, and polk a few fork holes in those crust and put entire dish back in the oven and cook on about 400° until crust is golden brown.
- **I almost forgot, I like to brush an egg wash over the crust, it makes it look and taste better**.
However, if you have the time, this flaky homemade recipe won't let you down. Boneless chicken breasts are seasoned with rosemary and sauteed in broth, then added to savory ingredients for a homemade chicken pot pie everyone will love! This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken Using fresh vegetables and some fresh herbs in the filling gives this pot pie so much flavor that it's ok to take a short-cut with the. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, herbs, and more.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food nickie's homemade chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!