Quick and easy sweet potato curry. Instructions In a medium pot add the olive oil, curry paste and onion. Add the garlic, bell pepper and sweet potato and cook another minute. Packed with sweet potato, cabbage, tomatoes and red peppers, it contains all five of your five-a-day Stir in the spinach and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry (don't skip the lime!), stirring to combine.
In a medium sauce pan over a medium heat warm the olive oil and add the onions. It tastes mildly spicy and sweet. We absolutely love the quick sweet potato stir fry. i also make potato and sweet potato pulusu, a sweet and sour tasting stew from Andhra cuisine.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, quick and easy sweet potato curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Instructions In a medium pot add the olive oil, curry paste and onion. Add the garlic, bell pepper and sweet potato and cook another minute. Packed with sweet potato, cabbage, tomatoes and red peppers, it contains all five of your five-a-day Stir in the spinach and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry (don't skip the lime!), stirring to combine.
Quick and easy sweet potato curry is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Quick and easy sweet potato curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook quick and easy sweet potato curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients requirements for Quick and easy sweet potato curry:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons for coconut oil or oil of choice.
- Need 1 for large red onion diced.
- Prepare 800 g for tin tomatoes.
- You need – salt and pepper for taste.
- Need 3 minced garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tablespoons for garam masala.
- Give 2 teaspoons – curry powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon for paprika.
- Need 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- Prepare 1 tin chickpeas.
- Require 500 g for sweet potatoes peeled and duced into 1 inch cubes.
- Require 400 g tin of coconut milk.
- Provide for juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 2 large handfuls if spinach.
- Require for serve with wholdmeal basmati or white rice etc.
To make sweet potato curry, we don't need to grind any masala or paste. We can make use of any light spice powder or garam masala powder or only coriander powder will be fine. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and sweet potato to the pan. Add the sweet potatoes and mix well.
Quick and easy sweet potato curry process:
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the onions and tomatoes and sakt and pepper over the mixture and stir together cook on a medium heat for 10 mins to allow the juices to naturally release and tomatoes cook down and onions soften.
- After 10 minutes add the chickpeas and sweet potatoes stiring to combine in the tomatoes mixture then add the garlic,garam masala, curry powder,paprika and cumin, stir all to combine and keep stiring till spices become fragrant..
- Add the coconut milk and mix all together and then bring the curry to a boil and add half cup of hot water and mix and then turn heat down to medium low so the curry simmers for about 20 to 30 mins and cook until the potatoes are tender. every few mins stir the curry. add extra water if needed but note we don't want the curry watery.
- Once cooked stir in the spinach and lightly squeeze over the lime over the curry (dont skip or forget the lime) stir to combine remove of the heat and taste the curry and taste and add more seaoning if you feel it needs more.
- Allow curry to cool to allow the spinach to wilt in the heat and then serve along side your choice of side and enjoy.
- Notes 1. Crushed red pepper flakes: I would start with 1/4 teaspoon in the beginning so that that gets heated up with everything else. Taste and you can always add another 1/4 teaspoon. 2. Harissa paste: if you have a harissa or chilli paste, you can stir a little in before the simmer part so that it can heat up with everything. Even sriracha can work. 3. Lastly, and my favourite, scotch bonnet pepper sauce which adds flavours and lots of heat. A few drops right before simmer again, an.
Add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the sweet potato and continue to stir for a further two mins. Parboil the potatoes in salted water then drain and set aside. Curry: Cook onion, garlic and ginger in a large pot until soft and fragrant.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food quick and easy sweet potato curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!