Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup. Great recipe for Mike's Beef Onion Mushroom Soup. Since today is so stormy and gloomy, I thought I'd teach my newest students how to make their first easy, homemade soups like Chicken & Dumplings and basic stews. They also learned how to make a thickening soup slurry.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. This easy French onion soup gets its rich, deep flavor from caramelized onions and lots of delicious mushrooms. If you've never had mushrooms in a French onion soup before then you're in for a treat!
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mike's ez onion mushroom soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Great recipe for Mike's Beef Onion Mushroom Soup. Since today is so stormy and gloomy, I thought I'd teach my newest students how to make their first easy, homemade soups like Chicken & Dumplings and basic stews. They also learned how to make a thickening soup slurry.
Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's ez onion mushroom soup using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients requirements – Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup:
- You need of Onion Mushroom Soup.
- Require 8 cup of Varied Mushrooms [halved-baby portabella-white-brown-wild].
- Give 1 for Extra Large White Onion [chopped].
- You need 1 cup – Quality Dry White Wine [reserve half].
- Give 1 tbsp – Fresh Minced Garlic [+ 2 reserve cloves].
- You need 1/2 cup – Green Onions [chopped].
- You need 1 box – Lipton Onion Soup [use both packets in box].
- Prepare 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp – Dehydrated Onions.
- Give 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Need 1 box (32 oz) Beef Broth.
- Need 2 tbsp – Olive Oil.
- Require 2 tbsp for Butter.
- Give 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Provide 1/2 cup – Fresh Parsley [added last].
- Require 1 – large Bay Leaf.
- Provide of Breads.
- You need 1 loaf of Dense Bread [your choice-toasted].
- Need for Fresh Croutons.
- Provide of Soup Thickeners [flour or starch].
- You need 4 tbsp for Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn Starch [+ 1 tablespoon water].
In a large saucepan, melt margarine; add mushrooms and onions. Blend in flour; add broth and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Trim mushroom stems level with the caps; finely chop stems and thinly slice caps.
Mike's EZ Onion Mushroom Soup step by step:
- Add butter, olive oil, onions, garlic, thyme, both packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and 1/2 of your cup of white wine to a heated pot. Cook about 3 minutes or until onions are just slightly translucent. Be careful to not burn your garlic. Cover and let sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and other 1/2 cup wine and whisk into onion mixture. You're thickening your soup with this mixture. Know you might need a bit more oil..
- Wash your mushrooms with a damp cloth. Half or quarter your mushrooms; depending upon how large they are. You'll want your halves or quarters fairly large and plump. Add your mushrooms to the pot and stir. Steam covered for 3 minutes in onions mixture. Stir regularly..
- Add everything else [except breads, corn starch or reserved garlic cloves] to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Toast your 1" thick slices of crustini bread. You'll definitely want very dense or heavy bread with this soup. While your bread is still warm, smear your fresh garlic cloves on your crusty bread and watch them melt! That's it. Nothing else. Just thick slices of garlic bread meant to be dipped in your soup..
- If you feel you'd like to thicken your soup more., Try corn starch. Mix 2 tablespoons starch to 1 tablespoon water. Mix well. Add 1/2 of it to your simmering pot and stir well. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add the other half if need be..
- Throw in your fresh parsley about 45 seconds before service. Pull Bay Leaf..
- Serve soup piping hot with tons of warm garlic crustini bread or fresh croutons. You don't want to run out of bread so make extra if need be. Enjoy!.
In a large saucepan, melt butter; add mushrooms and onions. Blend in flour; add broth, salt if desired, and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Easy sauteed mushroom onion soup made in one pot! Similar to Japanese onion soup with a few less ingredients.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mike's ez onion mushroom soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!