Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, malai kofta. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Malai kofta is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Malai kofta is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook malai kofta using 27 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients for Malai kofta:
- Prepare – Kofta ingredients.
- You need 1 – . Paneer – 75 gms.
- Prepare 2 . Boiled Potato – 2 medium size.
- Need 3 . Corn flour 2 tbsp.
- Need 4 of . Anardana powder – 1 tsp.
- Give 5 for . Salt as per taste.
- You need 6 for . Cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 7 . Red chilli powder – 1.5 tsp (or u can adjust taste as per spice level u want).
- Give 8 – . OPTIONAL – Dry fruits for Stuffing in kofta – almond, raisin & cashew nuts (coarsely chopped).
- Need for Gravy ingredients.
- You need 1 . Chopped Onion – 1 medium to large size.
- Require 2 . Chopped Tomato- 1 & 1/2 m to l size.
- You need 3 of . Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Prepare 4 of . Ginger chopped – 1/2 tbsp.
- Prepare 5 of . Green chilli – 1 tbsp.
- Need 6 of . Whole Black pepper – 8 to 10.
- Give 7 . Whole Cashews – 8 to 10.
- You need 8 – . Cooking cream – 3 tbsp.
- Require 9 . Ghee – 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
- Give 10 of . Oil – 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
- Need 11 – . Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Require 12 for . Salt as per taste.
- Give 13 . Red chilli powder – 1tbsp.
- Require 14 – . Dhaniya jeera powder – 1tsp.
- Provide 15 . Dry Kasuri methi leaves – 1 tsp.
- Provide 16 of . Kali ilaichi / black cardamom.
- Require 17 for . Bay leaf.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta start cooking:
- Method for kofta: – grate paneer and boiled potatoes (leave a small portion of grated potatoes to bind dry fruits), add all the ingredients except for dry fruits which needs to be used for stuffing. Combine everything. – Combine left over potato with dry fruits – Make small round balls of kofta and stuff dry fruits inside them – Roll it in dry maida flour and dust of excess flour – Deep fry them on medium to high heat until golden brown. Tip : add kofta only when u are about to eat.
- Method for gravy: – heat oil (1tbsp) and ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, black pepper corn, kali ilaichi, bay leaf once done add onions and sauté until golden. Add chopped garlic, ginger & green chilli. Give a stir. – Add chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts and stir. Add salt as per taste. Add 3/4th cup of water and cook it with close lid for 5-6 mins. Let it cool, remove bay leaf and kali ilaichi and grind it in a smooth paste – Strain the paste (use little water to easily strain it).
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and then add 1 tbsp red chilli powder & strained gravy – Add water to make the gravy thin but not watery, add kasuri methi. Check if extra salt is required. Cook it for 4mins on medium heat to get good consistency – Add 2 tbsp cooking cream and cook for 2-3 mins. To serve plate kofta and pour gravy. use cream and chopped cilantro to present it.
Malai Kofta Recipe with stepwise photos. Delicious melt in the mouth paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. in this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the koftas are made with paneer and potatoes. these melt in the mouth paneer kofta are dunked in a creamy, sweet and mildly spiced curry. Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food malai kofta recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!