Chana Biryani. Chana biryani recipe with step by step photos – aromatic, spiced and a delicious dum cooked and layered biryani with white chickpeas. Biryani is a favorite rice-based dish with us. during weekends I often make Biryani recipe . apart from the usual veggie biryanis, I also make . Chana biryani recipe a quick one pot meal perfect for lunch box or for a meal.
I was happy to see each grain of rice separated the. Recent; Viewed; Favourite; Chicken Alfredo Boats ; Mutton Qeema Cutlets ; Thai Style Coconut Chicken Skewers. Chana biryani is one the most popular and mouthwatering recipe for foodies.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chana biryani. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chana biryani recipe with step by step photos – aromatic, spiced and a delicious dum cooked and layered biryani with white chickpeas. Biryani is a favorite rice-based dish with us. during weekends I often make Biryani recipe . apart from the usual veggie biryanis, I also make . Chana biryani recipe a quick one pot meal perfect for lunch box or for a meal.
Chana Biryani is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Chana Biryani is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chana biryani using 36 ingredients and 31 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Composition – Chana Biryani:
- Prepare for chana gravy:.
- Give 2-3 tablespoon – oil.
- Give 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shah jeera).
- Need 2-3 – green cardamoms.
- Provide 1 of black cardamom.
- You need 1.5 inch of cinnamon.
- Require 1 for tej patta (indian bay leaf).
- Provide 2-3 cloves.
- Provide 2 large onions or 160 grams onions or 1 cup tightly packed thinly sliced onions.
- Provide 1 large tomato or 100 grams tomatoes or ½ cup chopped tomatoes.
- Need 5 grams of ginger or 1 inch ginger or ½ tablespoon finely chopped ginger.
- Need 5 gram of garlic or 8-10 medium sized garlic cloves, or ½ tablespoon finely chopped garlic.
- Need 2-3 green chilies, slit or sliced diagonally.
- Give 3/4-1 cup coconut milk or 200 to 250 ml coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon for turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon coriander powder(ground coriander).
- Prepare 1 cup white chickpeas (chole or chana) or 200 grams chana, soaked overnight in enough water.
- Need 2.25 cup – water for pressure cooking chana gravy.
- Require – salt as required.
- Provide of for rice:.
- Prepare 200 grams for basmati rice or 1 cup heaped basmati rice.
- Need 3 cups water for cooking rice.
- Need 2-3 green cardamoms.
- Give 1 – black cardamom.
- Prepare 1-1.5 inch – cinnamon (dalchini).
- Prepare 2-3 single strands of mace.
- Prepare 1 tej patta (indian bay leaf).
- You need 3 cloves.
- Require 1/2 teaspoon salt or add as required.
- You need for for layering biryani:.
- Need 10 grams mint leaves or ½ cup chopped mint leaves.
- Require 10 grams coriander leaves or ½ cup chopped coriander leaves.
- Require 2 teaspoon of ginger julienne.
- You need 1 tablespoon for warm water + 1 pinch of saffron strands.
- Give 1-2 teaspoon for kewra water or rose water.
In the subcontinent, people love biryani and make it in different ways. Traditionally biryani cook with meat but the variation in veg with chickpea is the most demanding. Chole Biryani recipe, Chana biryani, easy Pressure cooker Biryani recipe with full video and step by step instructions. The Traditional Veg Dum Biryani is made by cooking the rice first and making the gravy with sauce and layering it later and slow cook in a heavy-bottomed pan.
Chana Biryani process:
- Rinse and then soak 1 cup safed chane or dry white chickpeas (200 grams) in enough water overnight or for 8 to 9 hours. Later strain, rinse the chickpeas and keep aside..
- Soak 1 cup heaped basmati rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Later strain the rice and keep aside..
- Heat 3 cups water in a pan or pot. When the water become hot, add the following spices – 2 to 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 1 to 1.5 inch cinnamon, 2 to 3 single strands of mace, 1 tej patta and 3 cloves..
- Add 1/2 tsp salt or as required. Bring the water to a rolling boil on a high flame..
- Then add the strained rice..
- Cook the rice grains on the high flame..
- When the rice grains are 75% cooked or there is a slight bite in them, then switch off the flame. Immediately strain the cooked rice. Keep aside..
- Making chana gravy for biryani: So when the rice grains are getting soaked and cooking, you can prepare the chana gravy..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add these spices – 1 tsp shah jeera, 2 to 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 1.5 inch cinnamon/dalchini, 1 tej patta and 2 to 3 cloves..
- Saute the spices for a few seconds till they splutter..
- Then add the 1 cup tightly packed thinly sliced onions. Stir very well..
- Saute the onions on a low to medium flame. For a quick cooking of the onions, add a pinch of salt..
- Saute till the onions become golden. Switch off the flame and take half of the fried onions in a plate..
- Add 1/2 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic and 2 to 3 green chilies (sliced)..
- Switch on the burner and saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away..
- Then add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes and saute for a minute..
- Next add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp coriander powder..
- Mix the spice powders very well with the rest of the ingredients..
- Add the soaked and drained chana. Mix the chana very well with the rest of the masala..
- Add 2.25 cups water. season with salt. Pressure cook the chickpeas on a medium to high flame for 18 to 20 minutes..
- When the pressure falls down on it's own, remove the lid and check the chickpeas. They should be cooked well and softened..
- Do note that the chickpeas should not have a bite to them. If not cooked well, then pressure cook for a few more whistles. The time taken to cook chickpeas, depends on their quality, so cook accordingly..
- Then add 3/4 to 1 cup thick coconut milk (200 to 250 ml). Stir and mix very well. Check the salt in the chana gravy and if required add more..
- When the chickpeas are cooking, warm 1 tbsp water and add a pinch of saffron strands. Stir and keep aside. You can also use milk instead of water..
- Assembling and making chana biryani: Add 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves and 1 tsp ginger to the chana gravy..
- Layer with all of the rice. Next top with the fried onions..
- Then layer with 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves and 1 tsp ginger..
- Sprinkle the saffron dissolved water evenly..
- Now place a moist kitchen towel on the pressure cooker. Place a tight lid. Keep the cooker on a heated tawa/griddle..
- Dum cook the biryani for 25 to 30 minutes on a low flame. Give a resting time of 5 to 7 minutes..
- Later serve chole biryani with a raita, salad or biryani shorba..
As everyone prefers easy and yummy recipe, I am sharing the recipe of Chole biryani recipe, Chana biryani in pressure. Channa/white chickpeas is my favorite and will be in our weekly menu for its goodness. I usually make chana Sundal or chana masala for Chapati. I saw this recipe in a magazine and was way too tempted to try this quick version of healthy chana. kabuli chana biryani recipe with step by step photos. kabuli chana biryani recipe also known as chole biryani is a unique blend of rice and pulses.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chana biryani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!