Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys cottage pie with a twist gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have vickys cottage pie with a twist gf df ef sf nf using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients requirements for Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF:
- You need 2 tbsp oil.
- Require 1000 grams – turkey, chicken or pork mince.
- Need 6 – large sweet potatoes, cut into even pieces.
- You need 1 – large onion, finely diced.
- Require 500 ml chicken stock for turkey mince, ham stock for pork mince.
- Require 60 grams of garden peas.
- Need 2 large diced carrot.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Give 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – cornflour / cornstarch.
- Require salt & pepper to season the potato.
Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF instructions:
- In a saucepan, brown the mince in the oil then drain.
- To the mince add the onions and fry until almost done, then add the stock, peas, carrots and oregano. Cover and let simmer on a low heat. The longer you leave it the more tender the mince will be. I leave mine a good few hours before starting the potatoes.
- In another pan, boil the sweet potatoes in enough water to cover them for around 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the carrots have cooked through, stir in the tomato puree and flour to thicken the gravy.
- Now there are two options. You can layer the mince on the bottom of a casserole dish, top with the mash, and bake for 15 minutes at gas mark 6 / 200C / 400°F to crisp the top of the potatoes, or you can just serve with the potatoes spooned on top or on the side. My kids like theirs baked in individual ramekins, they think it's special that way!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vickys cottage pie with a twist gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!