Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker. Because I'll be on the quinoa enchilada casserole diet immediately upon returning home. It's a spin off of this popular recipe. But since we're heading into the Fall, let's dust off those slow cookers and put them to work.
Spicy, from-scratch blender enchilada sauce mixed We made this casserole, Pesto Quinoa, Quinoa & Black Bean Salad, and we still had some leftover for eggs with quinoa and black beans. This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one-pot meal (yay!). To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, quinoa enchilada casserole – slow cooker. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Because I'll be on the quinoa enchilada casserole diet immediately upon returning home. It's a spin off of this popular recipe. But since we're heading into the Fall, let's dust off those slow cookers and put them to work.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have quinoa enchilada casserole – slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients requirements for Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. for olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- Provide 1 for small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 for bell peppers, diced.
- Need 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup for uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- Give 2 cans (10 oz.) red enchilada sauce.
- Need 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Require 1 can (14.5 oz.) for fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup for water or unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Require 2 tsp. ground cumin.
- Require 1 tsp. garlic powder.
- Require 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Give 1 cup shredded cheese of choice, divided.
Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add. This easy to make Slow Cooker Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole will cure your ills!! You prep ahead, if you want, then just toss in the slow cooker and mix well. Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa is like a healthier, deconstructed enchilada!
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker steps:
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..
Loaded with quinoa, veggies, and chicken, this throw and go recipe is GREAT for an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner! Thanks to Bob's Red Mill for sponsoring today's post! Crock Pot Chicken Quinoa Enchiladas Casserole – Packed with chicken, tomatoes, quinoa, and more, this enchiladas casserole is healthy, delicious, and it's prepared in the slow cooker. Bring the fabulous flavors of Mexico to your dinner table with this slow cooked chicken casserole that's made using Progresso® beans and Old El Paso® chiles and enchilada sauce. Take your slow cooker south of the border with this easy-as-can-be enchilada casserole.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food quinoa enchilada casserole – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!