Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli. A delicious, spicy and slightly tangy fish curry made with coconut milk and garnished with coconut oil and fresh curry leaves. Spicy fish curry made with coconut milk. Recipe with step by step pictures.
Kerala style King fish curry made with Kodampuli or Gambodge or Malabar Tamarind. I'm enjoying this Summer with my parents and making every Kerala style fish curries are spicy and tangy. Tamarind added will impart the tangy taste.
How are you currently as of this ideal period ?, I desire you’re properly and generally delighted. through this web site I am going to introduce the recipe for cooking Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli that is currently extremely popular with various groups, having a easy and fast method of making relatively, this Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli food is in great demand by lots of people, and tastes good also, tends to make all of your friends and family and friends You like it even.
A delicious, spicy and slightly tangy fish curry made with coconut milk and garnished with coconut oil and fresh curry leaves. Spicy fish curry made with coconut milk. Recipe with step by step pictures.
Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli cuisine is really a dish that’s classified as an easy task to make. through the use of products that exist around you conveniently, you may make it in simple actions. You may make it for friends or family events, and it could even be presented at various official events. I am certain you will see lots of people who just like the Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli dishes that you just make.
Alright, don’t linger, let’s practice this kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli menu with 12 elements which are absolutely easy to receive, and we have to process them at the very least through 7 methods. You should commit a while on this, so the resulting food could be perfect.
Ingredients requirements for Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli:
- Prepare 10 – 12 1 inchs of King Fish thick pieces of (or King Mackerel).
- Need 3 cups for coconut milk *.
- Require 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger thinly.
- Need 3 green chillies small slit length-wise.
- You need 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
- Give 2 tsp for red chilli powder (1 tsp for mild, 3 tsp for extra hot).
- Need 2 tsp of salt of (or a little more as per taste).
- Require 1 of 1 cup inch – mango cube raw/green pieces.
- You need of (or 3 small pieces of kodampuli).
- Require 1 tbsp of red onions shallots finely chopped or.
- Prepare 1 tbsp for coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves of.
The speciality about this fish curry is that Kodampuli or. Kodampuli Fish Curry is one popular dish from Kerala that is why it is known as Kerala Fish Curry. I have been meaning to make this dish for ages but it never happened. Lia of Spices Corner who introduced this dish to me as her husband is a South Indian surely she knows lots more about South.
Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli process:
- Method:Take a medium size cooking pot (I use earthen pot since that's what's used traditionally in Kerala and this imparts a nice smoky flavor to the fish curry). But you could use any stainless steel or non stick pot. Add the cleaned pieces of fish into the pot(make sure to drain any water used for cleaning). Next add the green chillies and the ginger. then add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Next add the cut raw mangoes (or the kodampuli that has been soaked in a tbsp of….
- Place the pot on the stove on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes till you see the coconut milk bubbling. Immediately put the burner on low simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Cook covered for about 20 minutes swirling the pot gently every 5 minutes or so in order to prevent the fish from sticking to the pot. Next open the lid and let the curry simmer for about 2 minutes in the open until you get the gravy to a thick consistency..
- Finally take one tablespoon of coconut oil in a tadka pan and heat the oil for about 30 seconds. Then add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown. Add the curry leaves with its stem. Pour all the coconut oil and the onions and curry leaves into the fish pot. Your fish curry is ready. Enjoy with rice and pappadam..
- For getting coconut milk:.
- 2 cups of fresh grated coconut or (frozen grated coconut that has been thawed).
- 2 cups plus 1 cup of warm water.
- Take the 2 cups of fresh grated coconut (or thawed frozen grated coconut) and add to a blender along with 2 cups of warm water. Blend for about 1-2 minutes. Then strain using a large strainer directly into the pot with the fish. Next take the coconut from the strainer and again add to the blender with another 1 cup of warm water. Blend it again for about 1 minute and strain this milk into the pot so you will have approximately 3 cups of coconut milk..
Similar Recipes, Goan Fish Curry Anchovies Fish Curry Sardine Fish Curry Chettinad Fish Curry take all your ingredients. you need shallots, garlic, ginger and green chilli. chop them.you need some curry If using Kodampuli how to use it and what is the method. I'm new with this Puli so Plz clarify. This Meen curry is a variant from the usual fish curry incorporating tangy tamarind extract. Red Meen Curry with Kukum star(Kodampuli). BTW, fish curry varies among different places in Kerala too.
Alright, above possesses described briefly about causeing this to be kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe. at the very least it could be an illustration for you yourself to broaden your know-how inside the culinary world. if you want to save our site address within your browser, in order that at any best moment there’s a brand-new food selection of quality recipes, you may get the offered info. and in addition share the hyperlink with this website together with your colleagues and friends, thank you. 🙂