Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy). Wash and pat dry the ilish steaks. Lightly sprinkle some salt on both sides and set aside. Add mustard powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and water to the baking dish and mix well to make a smooth mixture.
Get all the tips like how to use mustard in fish. ABOUT Bhapa Shorshe Ilish (Bengali style Steamed Mustard Fish) RECIPE. My all time favourite and a great comfort food, especially during weekend lunch, is this traditional Bengali delicacy where Hilsa fish is steam cooked in a tangy mustard sauce.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, bhapa sorshe ilish(steamed hilsa fish in mustard gravy). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Wash and pat dry the ilish steaks. Lightly sprinkle some salt on both sides and set aside. Add mustard powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and water to the baking dish and mix well to make a smooth mixture.
Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook bhapa sorshe ilish(steamed hilsa fish in mustard gravy) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients – Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy):
- Provide – Ilish/Hilsha fish 8 pieces, without head & tail.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons for Black Mustard.
- Need 1 cup – Scraped coconut.
- Need 1/2 teaspoon – Turmeric powder.
- Prepare Green chili 4 to 5, as per taste.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of Mustard oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
Mustard oil is used for an authentic taste and flavour. It is best enjoyed with hot steamed rice. Bhapa Ilish (Also known as Steamed Hilsa Fish) Ilish Macher Sorshe bata diye Jhal (Also known as Hilsa Fish in Mustard Gravy) How to make Bhapa Ilish Recipe (Steamed Hilsa) To begin making the Bhapa Ilish recipe, wash and tap dry the steaks of hilsa with a kitchen towel and set aside. Blend until the paste is smooth.
Bhapa Sorshe Ilish(Steamed Hilsa Fish in Mustard gravy) making:
- Place the Hilsha fish pieces in a bowl and marinate them with salt and turmeric and keep aside..
- Make a fine paste of mustard seeds along with some salt & few chilies with little water with it..
- Now take a bowl, put the mustard paste, scraped coconut, turmeric powder, salt & 1/2 cup water and mix all together..
- Put the fish pieces into the mixture and marinate the fish with the mixture..
- Take a nonstick flat pan, sprinkle some mustard oil at the bottom, place all the marinated fish pieces into the pan, drizzle the oil on the top, cover with a tight lid and place the pan on low heat for 25 minutes..
- After 25 minutes turn off the heat, but do not open the lid..
- Open the lid just before serving. Serve "Bhapa Ilish" with hot steamed rice..
- Tip: you can use any convenient method of steaming too.
Doi Ilish (also known as Hilsa in Yogurt) Bhapa Ilish (also known as Steamed Hilsa Fish or Ilish Bhapa) Ilish Shukto (also known as macher shukto) Kasundi Ilish (also known as Hilsa cooked with Bengali Mustard Sauce Kasundi) Have you tried the Shorshe Bata Diye Ilish Maach er Jhal recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar! This Bhapa Ilish recipe has been adopted from my Maa. In this Bhapa Ilish recipe raw Ilish/Hilsha pieces are steamed in mustard and coconut paste along with turmeric, green chili, salt and mustard oil. You can do this Bhapa Ilish in Microwave oven too. The last time we visited we tried out the deep fried Hilsa for the first time along with the Bhapa Ilish (the steamed Hilsa) as it is called in Bengali.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food bhapa sorshe ilish(steamed hilsa fish in mustard gravy) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!