One Access Point for Multiple Dietary Needs:
ViewEat is the next generation , global, multi-lingual and intuitive search engine for restaurants & menus - simultaneously addressing the need for elaborate data in these aspects:
- Medical: Food allergies such as celiac, food intolerance, diabetes, obesity and food related illnesses
- Healthy food awareness: For instance, sportsmen or ordinary consumers who avoid artificial ingredients
- Religious: Jewish Kosher, Muslim Halal, Hindi cuisine, Christian Easter-Lent observers, etc.
- Ideological: Mainly vegetarians & vegans
Intuitive Graphic Labeling
ViewEat developed a unique visual and intuitive labeling method, applicable for all of the major problematic food ingredients - based on traffic light and road signs analogy:
Red octagon = Ingredient exists, avoid!
Yellow square = Traces could be found or insufficient data, please beware!
Green circle with a diagonal = The product is free of that ingredient; it should be safe.
Textual data will be also presented in the user’s language on mouse rollover.
Incorporating all kinds of unpacked food services in one Comprehensive Concept
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs, fast food, etc.
- Hotels, motels, spas, B&B
- Bakeries, catering & event halls
- Cruise ships
- Educational institutions – from kindergartens to universities
How does it work?
- The food service supplier voluntarily inserts the data about each item on his menu, in his own language.
- The menus are automatically translated into various common languages using Google Translate.
- The search results are sorted out by the number of food items which meet the users’ medical, dietary, ideological or religious criteria.
- The full menu or selected items, tailored to the users’ criteria, is available as web pages and as printable PDF.
- Vieweat is available in both desktop and mobile compatible versions. It is supported by most of the up to date smartphones without the need to unload and install anything.